Wednesday, May 25, 2011

'Augusta 12th' - Golf Course Series

"Augusta 12th"

This is my original impression palette knife painting of Augusta National's 12th hole.  I use a wet-on-wet impasto technique to create the layers and depth of the landscape. The texture is heavy and the colors deep.  And realistically, it could take months to dry.  

Attending the Masters is on my list of things to do before I die.  Who knows, maybe the gentlemen at the beautiful Augusta will take a trade; Painting for a ticket. Going once... going twice... I guess I'll keep my options open.  

-T


2 comments:

Sorcerer said...

First time here.Was looking around for some tips on Oil painting.These works are simply superb.

Ann Gorbett said...

Trisha-the Masters in on my bucket list as well. Let me know if you figure out the secret-perhaps a paintings swap is the "ticket." It's a beautiful painting!